Profile and Committee
A wonderful opportunity to empower womens business careers
Status: January 2023
Women have made great strides in the pursuit of education, careers and leadership roles they were once denied. However, they still comprise a minority of leaders in the business world. As of December 2020, 21.2% of S&P 500 companies’ board seats are occupied by women, and just 6% of the companies' CEOs are women
Zonta International believes in gender equality
This is why the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship (WiB) program helps women pursue undergraduate and master's degrees in business management and overcome gender barriers from the classroom to the boardroom.
As a Zonta club you can contribute to this result by:
- tracing one (or more) talented student(s)
- who is (at least) in the second year of her bachelor’s degree or following a master’s program
- and who specializes on a business-related subject within the study program (such as Management, Organization, MBA, Public Administration, Economics, Business Law)
Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship (WIB)
Marit recieved her District Award during the area-meeting of area 04 from Monika Geise, D29 Governor at the time.
Why work with the Scholarship
At the D29 District Conference of 2020 a video from the club ceremonie and an indept interview with Sakura was shown.
Here you can watch the 'Women in Business Scholarship' Video from the digital District Conference 2021.
Important dates 2023
- Materials for round 2023 are published on the website of Zonta International since January 2023.
- Deadline for submitting the application to the District: July, 1st 2023
Area 01 offers 'Women in Business Award'
Many years ago the Area 01 voted for a 1.000 euro award of the year’s best candidate from our Area behind the District winners. Almost every year there is thus one candidate to be «consoled» by our Area award when shed id not succeed to be District winner.
In 2022 it is Josefina Sonnerup, a brilliant Swedish student who is pursuing her studies in Paris and now Madrid with an amazingly creative profile of technical innovation experience. She was supported by the Zonta Club of Madrid km0.
ZAC | Zonta Alumnae Connected
Nominees for all Zonta Awards and Scholarships are invited to join ZAC (Zonta Awardees Connected) – an inspiring worldwide network what meets on a regular basis. Our network is growing! So - receiving the Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship means to hold a ticket to all the Zonta alumnae in your hands and also one to the worldwide network of Zonta.
We are here for you
Would you like more information or an (online) workshop about the Scholarship for your members? Please contact us, we would be more than happy to provide the necessary.
The District 29 Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship Committee:
Chair: Christel Meijerman | ZC Utrecht, the Netherlands | Area 04
Contact: Tel: +31 6 14881999 | e-mail: WomeninBusiness@zonta-district29.org
- Cornelia Zemskeris | Coordinator of Area 01 | ZC Paris Etoile | France
- Silke Specht | Coordinator of Area 02 | ZC Wuppertal | Germany
- Dianne Jeans | Coordinator of Area 03 | ZC of London | United Kingdom
- Elena Sbenghea | Coordinator of Area 04 | ZC Rond de Reest | the Netherlands
- Rosemarie Marchan | Coordinator of Area 05 | ZC Bochum | Germany