Profile and Committee
The Zonta International Scholarship
Status December, 2023
Zonta International offers the Zonta International Women in STEM Scholarship for the third cycle of the scholarship program. The program operates at several Clubs and at international level.
CSW67 reaffirmed the importance of women and girls’ full, equal and meaningful participation and leadership in science, technology and innovation, and expressed concern on the limited progress in closing the gender gap in access to and use of technologies, connectivity, digital literacy and education. It also expressed grave concern about the continuity and interrelation between offline and online violence, harassment and discrimination against women and girls and condemned the increase of such acts.
The STEM Scholarship in District 29
Zonta District 29 may submit one applicant for consideration for an international scholarship. A single candidate of District 29 will receive an award of US $ 5,000 from Zonta International.
Women pursuing a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) degree program at an accredited university/college who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field and are living or studying in Zonta District 29 are eligible. For the other eligibility criteria see PDF
The application procedure for the Women in STEM scholarship has been presented in all 5 Areas of District 29 at president and Area-meetings by the Committee members of D29. Zontians can find the presentation in the Zonta International District 29 Newsletter #9.
The STEM Scholarship Winner 2023 from District 29
Ema Šujster | Croatia | Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands | Bio JPG
- Women in STEM Scholarship Description | PDF
- Women in STEM Scholarship Application Form | PDF
- Verification of Current Enrollment Form for the Women in STEM Scholarship | PDF
- Zonta International Recommendation for the Women in STEM Scholarship | PDF
- The application process can start with a Zonta Club from District 29. A Club recipient is selected and application is received by District 29 before June 1st 2023 via eMail at: Application_WomeninSTEM@zonta-district29.org
- Applicants from District 29 with no Club in the neighborhood are eligible to apply for the international scholarship too before June 1st 2023 via eMail at: Application_WomeninSTEM@zonta-district29.org
- All application materials for the Zonta International Women In STEM Scholarship must be received before June 1st 2023. Apply now...
Material for Zonta Clubs
- Zonta clubs can find the application, poster and other resources on the Award, Scholarship & Fellowship Tools page (login required)
Six winners from Zonta District 29 in the Biennium 2020/2022
In the second pilot cycle (2020-2022) six out of 20 winners of the worldwide Zonta International Scholarship - so far under the name ‘Women in Technology Scholarship’ – recipients come from Zonta District 29. We are very proud of this result. Congratulations to these young talented women in technology:
- Caroline Brandt | Germany | Delft University of Technology, Netherlands | Bio JPG
- Wietske de Bondt | Netherlands | Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands | Bio JPG
- Laura Herman | USA | University of Oxford, England and Princeton University, USA | Bio JPG
- Nancy Salem | Egypt and the Netherlands | University of Oxford, England | Bio JPG
- Rubie Targema-Takema | Nigeria and the Netherlands | University of Portsmouth, England | Bio JPG
- Minh Trinh | Germany | RWTH Aachen University, Germany and University of Hagen, Germany | Bio JPG
They receive an amount of $ 8.000 each to pursue their goals.
Of course District 29 stays connected to our Women in Technology- and STEM-Scholars:
- We will have a celebration with these Awardees on a District level
- The recipients are invited to become a ZAC member | Learn more about ZAC...
- The recipients are invited to meet Zonta Clubs close to their home town
- The recipients are invited to give an update of the use of their scholarship and join Zonta Clubs on a regular basis
The District 29 Women in STEM/WiS Committee
Chair: Jeanne de Loos | ZC Einhoven | Area 04 | The Netherlands
Fatima Mekkaoui | Area 01
Cornelia Hillenherms | Area 02
Anne-Li Stjernholm | Area 03
Sanne Osmanovic-Smits | Area 04
Lara Tickenbrock | Area 05