Profile and Committee
Status August 2022
To recognize the commitment of young women, ages 16-19, in schools or other educational institutions in their honorary capacity for common welfare, this award was established in 1990 by Past International President Leneen Forde.
It was designed to not only honor the recipients but also to help them to find ways for their future professional career.
Since the program's inception, Zonta has given more than 1.054 awards (includes international awards), totaling US$1,303.750 to 882 young women representing 60 countries.
District Winner in 2022
Congratulations to our district winner in 2022
- Ramah Milli | Bonn | Germany (1.000 Euro)
The second winner is
- Nour Idelbi | Muenster | Germany (500 Euro)
and the third one is
- Annanya Chopra | London | Great Britain (300 Euro)
Young Women in Public Affairs Award | Application 2023
"The value of the international awards is now US$5,000.00 (page 2), there is a new table on page 7 for the applicants to list the details for their referees and a note on pages 8&9 that while the recommendation may be written on letterhead of their choice they must sign the relevant page on the application form.”
NEW from 2023: Every district winner will automatically be an international winner with an award prize of 5,000 US$. Since the district 29 is one of the largest districts worldwide he has the right to name two winners.
- Applications have to be submitted through a Zonta club.
- The application on district level has to be written in English
- Please mail the application form in English as a pdf file to Susanne Wedewer-Pampus.
- Deadline: April 1st 2023.
- For more information about the district 29 YWPA application form and other materials please click here
ZAC | Zonta Alumnae Connected
Nominees for all Zonta Awards and Scholarships are invited to join ZAC (Zonta Awardees Connected) - an inspiring worldwide network what meets on a regular basis.Our network is growing! So - receiving the Young Women in Public Affairs Award means to hold a ticket to all the Zonta alumnae in your hands and also one to the worldwide network of Zonta.
We all are trying our very best to find the district winner!
Our goal of course is to increase the number of clubs participating in this amazing award. We would love more clubs in all of our areas to join us and help us make the YWPA award more popular, even in these unusual times of unknown challenges.
The District 29 Young Women in Public Affairs Committee
Chair: Susanne Wedewer-Pampus | Zonta Club Leverkusen | Area 02 | Germany
- Julia Nolte | Zonta Club Niederrhein | Germany
- Monique Vernet | Zonta Club Paris | France
- Rosemarijn de Groot | Zonta Club The Hague | The Netherlands
- Alina Del Carmen Agüero Bruna | Zonta Club Madrid KM0 | Spain
- Maja Voelkel | YWPA awardee, member of ZAC | Cologne | Germany